The Sad News
Hape purchased Käthe Kruse in 2013 and continued supplying product to the United States through 2019. At the end of 2019, Hape made the decision to reduce the number of new products in the Käthe Kruse line-up for 2020 and choose not to bring any of these new products to the United States. Products from 2019 and earlier were still available.
During the pandemic years 2020 through 2022, Hape drastically cut back any new product development and supply within the United States dwindled. Now in 2022, Hape has made permanent their decision not to supply the US market with product.
Answers to Your Questions
Here are some questions and answers to help you navigate through this decision by Hape:
- How long will your store remain open? We will continue selling until our inventory is depleted. No backorders are accepted.
- How do I know if you have an item in stock? In stock items will show as "Availability: In stock" and you'll be able to add them to your shopping cart. Items already sold out will show as "Out of stock" and you will not be able to add to your shopping cart.
- Can you please find a replacement item for me? Sorry, but we do not have access to the Käthe Kruse European catalog because of testing requirements for import into the US. The best route forward is to find a European store that ships to the US or buy on a secondary market like ebay in the US or Germany.
- Can I place an order for more than one of a single item? Yes. But your total is limited to the amount we have left. If we have only 2 of a towel doll you are interested in, you are limited to quantity two in your shopping cart.
- I previously placed a stock alert, will I get notified when the item is available? No. It is not possible to get any restocks.